    SubjectRe: Confusing AIC 7xxx driver messages
    Hi Oliver,

    On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Oliver Mai wrote:

    > aic7xxx: Warning - detected auto-termination on controller:
    > aic7xxx: <Adaptec AIC-7880 Ultra SCSI host adapter> at PCI 6/0
    > aic7xxx: Please verify driver detected settings are correct.
    > aic7xxx: If not, then please properly set the device termination
    > aic7xxx: in the Adaptec SCSI BIOS by hitting CTRL-A when prompted
    > aic7xxx: during machine bootup.
    > aic7xxx: Cables present (Int-50 YES, Int-68 YES, Ext-68 YES)
    > aic7xxx: Illegal cable configuration!! Only two
    > aic7xxx: connectors on the SCSI controller may be in use at a time!
    > aic7xxx: Termination (Low OFF, High OFF)
    > This is not true: There is only one cable attached to the
    > host adapter, and the SCSI BIOS (CTRL-A) says that Termination
    > is ON (Low ON, High ON), as it should be.
    > The messages are the same when I boot the 2.0.35 kernel.

    I am using a Gigabyte Mainboard with onboard Adaptec 7895 Controller. I
    tried to configure the Termination in the SCSI Setup but it did not work.
    Every time I got to the setup I again had the original setting. I thought
    about complaining to Adaptec or Gigabyte until I discovered this setting
    to be under "integrated peripherals" of my motherboard setup.

    Perhaps this is your real problem...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.020 / U:17.764 seconds]