SubjectRe: encrypted IP tunnel for 2.1?
Date
Felix von Leitner wrote:

> While there seem to be numerous implementations of IPSEC, none of them
> supports 2.1. CIPE is only for 2.0, too.

I've been a bit of a lonely voice crying in the 2.1 IPV4_IPSEC
wilderness, but have had more than a bit of success with ENskip-0.67
in a Linux 2.1.X environment. Note that ENskip has been broken since
2.1.120 came out because of the relatively large number of modifications
that were made to the networking code. I'm attempting to track down
and eliminate the cause of multiple skbuf copies for ICMP_ECHO(REPLY)
packets, and when I've accomplished that, I'll have patches available
for 2.1.120+.

See http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~skip/ for details, and the ftp site
you'll find on that web page for code and patches. There's nothing in
the way of official support for ENskip... It is my *intent* to keep
this code viable until such time as IPv6 is widely available, but Alan,
Alexey, David, and Linus are doing their level best to keep me on my
toes until that happens :-), and the time I have available to work on
this is more limited than ever :-(.

--
Bob Tracy | "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist- "
Firewall Security Corp. | - Last words of Union General John Sedgwick,