SubjectRe: Howto write a driver/improve on kernel
Date

Jukka Tapani Santala writes:
>On 18 Sep 1998, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
>> I've wanted to learn how to write drivers etc for linux,
>> but I'd never had the time to...
>
>Do a search on http://www.redhat.com and also see http://www.redhat.com:8080

Better yet, purchase a copy of Linux Device Drivers, by Alessandro Rubini,
published by O'Reilly. It's cheap, and it's well worth your money. It's
cheaper than trying to use the old KHG, because you will save SO MUCH time
by using LDD as your source, and time is money. LDD is both complete and
up to date, and the KHG is neither.

And before anyone on this list sends me abusive email because I am not
giving proper respect to the author/maintainer of the KHG, I *am* the
author/maintainer of the KHG. If you liked the KHG, buy a copy of the
LDD and you'll be ecstatic.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.065 / U:0.344 seconds]