    SubjectRe: Implementing Meta File information in Linux (and a note at the end on current reiserfs status)
    On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

    > Just keep it in userspace thats all

    Yes, that would be the easiest way to develop LinuxVMS.

    > Go ahead. There is your project for the next year. The DecNET folks are
    > getting great results ;)

    Hmm! I need to get hold of the VMS reference (VMS 5.2/5.3 or thereabouts)
    manuals (the orange ones or the grey ones will do fine - and importantly
    should include the DCL manuals) - anyone willing to dump old reference
    manuals on me for free? I'm based in the Washington DC area. Can travel,
    can pick up within PA/NJ/DE/MD/WV/VA/NC states. Anywhere else would be too
    far to drive in a day.

    I'm about to move to a dual Pentium Pro system in October and that's what
    I'll be using to develop. My i486 is too slow for software development
    purposes. :o(

    for all intents and purpose.. I think making the LinuxVMS source
    compatible would be a good starting point (i.e linking to C libraries that
    defines the system routines such as LNM$TRANSLATELOGICAL, SYS$GETPID et.
    al.) Ahh, this brings back good memories of many hours spent hacking away
    on a cute VAX 9000 machine with a lowly VT220 terminal at university.
    Remember the horrible descriptors one had to define in order to make VMS
    system service calls? :o)

    Oh, and does anyone knows how much would a secondhand DEC VT220 terminal
    be worth?

    Cheers, Alex.

    /\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
    ( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
    > ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.
    Check out