    SubjectRe: Implementing Meta File information in Linux (and a note at the end on current reiserfs status)
    On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

    > Just because layering can be done badly does not mean that layering is
    > bad. libdb/libdbm etc. are useful. VMS takes it to extremes, with the
    > OS providing RMS (Record Management Services) which perform high-level,
    > network-aware transactional record and indexing services in a very
    > general manner. As an ex-VMS maintainer, I can tell you that lots of
    > applications use RMS, because it is so amazingly fast.

    Yep, RMS rocks my world too. Wish we had something like that implemented
    in Linux.

    Heck, maybe I should implement a VMS style personality on top of Linux.
    LinuxVMS sounds cool. :o) And what about that lovely DCL command language?

    /\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
    ( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
    > ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

    Check out

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.018 / U:11.656 seconds]