SubjectRe: Linux, UDI and SCO.
Terry et.al,

Maybe I should have done a little more research before opening my
mouth. I don't claim to be a UDI expert, a licensing expert, or
anything of the sort. Terry has evidently done a lot more research into
this whole thing than I have, which is great.

I'm in a somewhat awkward position anyway since I opened my big mouth.
Kevin is my boss. Now, as far as I know, his feelings about Linux are
the same as mine, we're both pro-Linux. What his other motivations
regarding Linux and UDI are, I can only guess. I have nothing to do
with UDI. I've seen bits of UDI code, but to be honest it never really
interested me much (I'm busy enough already). I've only taken an
interest in it now because it is obviously a major point of contention
in the Linux community (which I feel I'm part of, even if a very small
part).

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm going to be in Dallas next week (I work in
Arizona). I will take this email to Kevin and sit down with him and
discuss it. I'll come back to you all with his comments later next week
(I'm pretty sure I'm the only Interphaser reading this list)

--
David Hollister Interphase Corporation dhollist@iphase.com
Software Engineer Dallas, TX