SubjectRe: Interesting scheduling times
   Date: 	Fri, 18 Sep 1998 21:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>

As to the AT_FPUCW patch, I don't see the point in saving a
constant value in the ELF headers. Linux initializes the FPU for
each process at "exevce()" time, and glibc might as well depend on
that instead of trying to do so itself.

Ulrich refused to accept that argument, saying "What if Linus
changes that someday?"

Of course, I think his argument is total crap because such initial
state is just like syscalls and will have their interfaces preserved
just like syscalls do. But since Ulrich was reluctant, Jakub
implemented the AT_FPUCW solution which he did accept.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.068 / U:0.976 seconds]