SubjectRe: my broken TCP is faster on broken networks
   From: "Matthias Urlichs" <smurf@noris.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 08:53:53 +0200

> I don't normally follow the TCP implementor's working group (*), so I
> don't know if they actually followed through on his suggestion;
> Matthais's note seems to indicate that they did.

Umm, (a) my name's Matthias ;-) and (b) I don't really know whether the
core routers already do that. All I know is that the idea went a bit beyond
VanJ's idea, i.e. people are implementing it, but I don't know whether the
code is in active use yet.

Sorry, I somehow thought you had said that backbone routers had already
put that code into production use. My mistake.

Speaking of which, it might be interesting to encode some of these
algorithms into Linux's routing code for 2.3....

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.062 / U:0.144 seconds]