SubjectRe: Implementing Meta File information in Linux
Date
> If we want to add tagged information to a file, far better to do it via
> a dot directory. Keep the problem in user space where it belongs. Any
> extra efficiency that the fs has to offer will still be realised by such
> a mechanism.

The HFS file system already does this and it works. It can even present
a file system with . directories that the appletalk file sharing daemon
turns back into resource forks on mac clients

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.093 / U:2.324 seconds]