    SubjectRe: Next round of console patches
    Date
    > > Shouldnt it be a boot parameter to enable it ? Thinking in terms of
    > > volume of usenet questions caused..
    >
    > Why? You mean if the problem isn't solved? Just hang on and give me a
    > chance: I think I know what's going on and can solve it. Once done,
    > this should be safe thing to do: we shouldn't need an option.

    There are no VESA bios calls to ask which memory areas you can map with
    an MTRR. There are cards that get quite upset at having their register
    space write gathered. At best you could do a PCI white list table with

    card, base_register, length

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:2.714 / U:0.536 seconds]