SubjectRe: Odd error.
> A system I help admin gets the following error:
> sent an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast.
> where is a vaild IP address.

And is faulty or misconfigured. Basically the reporting
machine got an icmp message back complaining about a broadcast frame.

You are not allowed to send icmp replies to broadcast frames. Its strictly
forbidden in the RFCs. The normal cause of this is misconfiguration of
broadcast addresses between the two nodes, although even then on ethernet
the is probably breaking RFC requirements since it should
have been a mac layer broadcast too