    SubjectRe: MTRR fix
    Tom Eastep writes:
    > Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > >
    > > Ahh, that looks like a real bug, but the fix should be rather simple.
    > >
    > > Does it work for you if you move the smp_begin() call in init/main.c up
    > > above the call to setup(0)?
    > Yes -- 2.1.120pre3 + console patches + move call to smp_begin() booted
    > successfully.

    Yes, that's exactly the behaviour I'd expect. While I don't have a
    problem with moving the smp_begin(), I still think my MTRR patch
    should be applied. Apart from cleaning up the init and MTRR code
    anyway, the queue is a useful safety net. And the cost is almost 0
    (after boot), being one character for the boolean and two if tests.
    I've also added other sanity checks in the MTRR code to make it robust
    against misusage.

    Linus: do you have any objection to applying the patch anyway?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.021 / U:5.944 seconds]