    SubjectRe: 6x86 recognition
    Hi Trever,

    On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Trever Adams wrote:

    > > The gettimeofday/rdtsc has been "fixed" by the sledgehammer approach. The
    > > TSC is permanently disabled in Cx686MX's. The kernel will use the

    [...]
    > I thought the TSC problem was fixed in the MII family of Cyrix chips.
    > If so, does this sledgehammer approach take this course of action with
    > the MII? I ask this because I have a PPro 200 ad work, takes 2 seconds

    Yep, MII is currently in the same boat as 6x86MX. But AFAIK only on
    2.1.x

    [Andre, is the TSC really fixed on the MII? If so, it would be a trival
    patch to change the new C'ified detection code not to disable it for MII]

    > P.S. 2.0.35 is what they run.

    I'm not sure what the stock 2.0.35 does, but I do know that the Jumbo
    patch completely eliminates the TSC problem even with APM or 6x86MX (You
    get a free lunch. ;-)

    Cheers,

    Rafael

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:64.364 seconds]