SubjectRe: Stolen interface ?
Networking Interface Alias don't really exist anymore, they appear to
via ifconfig, etc. for API compatibility reasons, but its more like
having multiple address for a single physical interface now.

If you want per virtual interface counters, you'll probably have to
recompile with network accounting and do it that way.

-cw

On Mon, Aug 31, 1998 at 04:23:11AM +0200, mmaureraks@st-wendel.de wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Has someone stolen support for aliased interfaces in /proc/... ??
>

> I want try to configure a aliased interface and ifconfig
> want show me some information for eth0:1. First i think
> there is no support by net-tools-145, but /proc/* want
> show me information too.
> Interface function is ok, but statistcs ...
>

> Feature for low pricing network traffic ? ;-))
>

> Mario
>

> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.275 / U:0.120 seconds]