SubjectRe: CIPE - Encrypted IP Encapsulation
Alan Cox wrote:

> > Are there any plans for a CIPE-like networking option in the kernel? or
>
> I'd love to BUT
>
> > just addons like this? Or wold it be possible just to merge the CIPE tree
> > into the kernel (it appears ready for it to be inserted into the
> > kernel..).
>
> We can't do it until the US government grows a braincell

Since in theory the USA government is
"of the people, by the people, and for the people"
it would seem that the Representatives that the American public are
electing are not meeting the needs of the people.

Perhaps now that DES has fallen with the help of the EFF specialized
hardware the politicians will no longer be able to have wiggle room
on the true security of DES.

Given the manner in which Governements in general work we do not need
any
new laws concerning the private use of crypto and export thereof, they
need to repeal the current laws concerning the use of crypto and
the export thereof. Specifically they need to repeal any hint that
software is munitions.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt
and all the milk has turned
and Captain Crunch is waving farewell
when the Big One finds you
may this song remind you that they
don't serve breakfast in hell
==Breakfast==Newsboys

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.072 / U:0.324 seconds]