    SubjectRe: S3trio framebuffer on Intel?

    Rik> On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    >> On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Rik van Riel wrote: > I've been seeing messages
    >> about the trouble folks are > having with vesafb and s3 chips; now
    >> I wonder if the > S3trio fb driver is ready for x86 drivers or if
    >> it's > PPC only and has some weird PPC assumptions built-in.
    >>
    >> S3triofb (and cyberfb) assume the video mode was already set up by
    >> Open Firmware (or AmigaOS).

    Rik> I guess this means someone with either in-depth knowledge about
    Rik> the video code or with lots of spare time will have to look into
    Rik> that some day :-(

    Well it does require someone with a bit of S3 knowledge or at least
    someone willing to study the manuals. I have been hoping for someone
    doing this for a long time, but unfortunately nobody has done it so
    far ;-(

    I don't have an S3 based card to play with so its not that easy to do.
    However, I wrote ncr77c32blt video init support in about a day or two,
    its not so hard to do most of it and most VGA-style graphics chipsets
    are quite similar.

    Now where is that volunteer we need ;-)

    Jes

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.041 / U:118.952 seconds]