SubjectRe: Full duplex in sound driver?
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Petko Manolov wrote:

>> >The problem is that a "killer application" considered important
>> >(quake) uses it.
>> id would likely release an update. Or the source...
>Actualy i can't see where Quake uses full duplex.

I don't think that the statement was regarding full duplex and
quake. It was regarding the way quake uses the sound driver I
believe, and that changing the operation of the driver would
break quake. I commented that if so, id would likely release a
fixed quake.

Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS.