SubjectRE: Useless smbfs !
Date
this is what I get:
# for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do ls | wc -w; done
1433
1433
1433
1433
1433...

The result I get from "dir /b \\foo\c\dir | wc -w" on my NT machine to the
same
share is 1433 too.

To accomplish this I had to patch smbfs files. Here is a message I posted to
comp.os.linux.networking:

I have a found post in comp.os.linux.networking which has a patch which
seems to work.
Search in dejanews a subject "smbfs "win95 bug workaround"". The patch
suggested in the
post you will find worked for me too and some other person apparently. If
you
want to hear from me here is what you need to do: (sorry I don't have a
diff)
open $(top)/src/linux/fs/smbfs/proc.c
find the #ifdef CONFIG_SMB_WIN95 line.
just after this #ifdef/#endif pair there is a closing brace, IOW, this pair
is in
the body of an else statement. Just move the brace to the top of this pair
so
that the pair is not in the else block anymore. Be sure to have this
workaround
selected in config and recompile. For me this worked.

I am assuming someone can generate a patch which would do this for the
current version
of the kernel. Sorry I can't do it because I am running 2.0.35 only.

http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.069 / U:0.808 seconds]