SubjectRe: 2.1.118 Tons of oopes
Date
  Richard Gooch <rgooch@atnf.csiro.au> writes:
> People with binary-only drivers will have breakage either way with
> this change.

There are no binary-only drivers for 2.1 -- things change way too often.

> I don't see what the "benefit" to this intentional breakage is. I
> don't see a situation where it improves anything.

This is a development kernel. If you're not a developer, you're supposed
to stick with 2.0 or wait until your favorite distribution with 2.2 comes
out, whenever _that_ happens.

I agree, though, that some sort of documentation would have been a Good
Thing. :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs | noris network GmbH | smurf@noris.de
This quote was selected randomly. Really. | http://www.noris.de/~smurf/