SubjectRe: 2.1.118 Tons of oopes
Richard Gooch <rgooch@atnf.csiro.au> writes:

[...]
> This change affects all in-house drivers that people have written,
> it's not limited to drivers shipped with the kernel.

I don't think it's much of an issue for a development kernel. In
either case, you have to recompile your drivers, and the change in the
source is done quickly (i've just done it for my copy of pcmcia).

What i'd like to see is a global changelog file, where all changes are
logged that affect drivers and how the source has to be changed to
just make them work like before. It should be easy to do for the one
who makes the original change.

ciao

Andreas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.016 / U:0.988 seconds]