SubjectRe: joliet
Date
Regarding the earlier discussion about dots trailing filenames on Joliet CDs
mounted in Linux,

This has been a problem for me.

I've created CDs using Adaptec EZ CD Creator (version ? -- very recent) on a
Windows 95 PC, using the 'Joliet' option (which is the default).

My files start off as files on my Linux box, but after transfering by FTP and
burning a Joliet CD using EZ CD Creator, whenever I mount them under Linux I
get a trailing '.' on all files (not directories) which did not previously have
'.' in them. This is a big problem because I am using software which expects
certain files in directories, and doesn't find them.

I am using Linux 2.1.86 with the Joliet extension compiled in.
I am using this command to mount :
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /cdrom

My /usr/adm/syslog gives this entry after mounting :-

Aug 25 17:31:10 gecko kernel: ISO9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
Aug 25 17:31:10 gecko kernel: Unable to load NLS charset iso8859-1

The idea suggested, using mount option "norock" does not help. These CDs do not
appear to have any Rock Ridge information. Using "nojoliet" converts all
filenames to the usual unreadable 8.3 format.

I can supply dumps of the CD if needed, but I'm not posting here due to size.

Really, for me a satisfactory solution would be a mount option which strips out
all trailing '.'s from filenames (and ignores them in searches).

Cheers
Scott Gordon

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.030 / U:0.148 seconds]