    SubjectRe: NFS looking good!

    On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > One last wish-list item. It would be great if kexportfs accepted domain
    > > wildcards like the user nfs server. It's a great pain having to
    > > specifically list all potential client boxes.
    > The user level mountd/nfs has the advantage it can do DNS lookups being
    > a user application. The kernel side stuff has to work with address or
    > at best address/mask alas

    Ugh. Is it possible to create a kernel daemon to perform the DNS lookups
    on our behalf? Perhaps something akin to the kmod thread?

    Failing that, masks are a must. I can't see sysadmins generating huge
    export files with one entry per potential client <g>.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.018 / U:37.504 seconds]