SubjectRe: copy_from_user() fixu
On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 12:49:25AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> > > Now you *really* convinced me that you're crazy.
> >
> > Why not insult me further while you're at it?
>
> You claimed you have a library that's bug-free, and you're relying on
> undefined behaviour. Clearly, your definition of "bug-free" is
> something different than us "lesser beings" use.

If I correctly understand what is happening, the lib does check for EFAULT
and does handle it nicely. No more and no less. Nothing's broken about this.
If the kernel prefers to raise SIGSEGV, no problem. We don't have the nice
handling for that, but who cares? The functionality of the lib is not
dependent on EFAULT ...

Go on fighting, if you prefer, I won't take place in your struggle.

--
Kurt Garloff, Dortmund
<K.Garloff@ping.de>