    SubjectRe: FASTCALL in egcs was Re: Kernel 2.1.117 OOPS bug report
    Pavel Machek wrote:
    >Stephen van den Berg wrote:
    >> Not 100%, true. Not really a reason to drop it completely I think, since
    >> gcc is fixable. It actually is a rather small fix, I just didn't have
    >> the time and energy anymore to fight with the rest of the gcc-team to
    >> get this last patch in in a way that was acceptable to them.
    >> Mind you, it took me two months to produce a compiler and libc that
    >> worked flawlessly with regparm support up till and including regparm=5.
    >> It then took me 1.7 years to actually get 99% of all needed patches into
    >> gcc.

    >Is it possible to post remaining 1% here (unless it is too big),
    >preferably relative to egcs ? This should stop other people from doing
    >this and should show that problem really is fixable.

    I'm already mentally preparing myself to dive back into the gcc code.
    I'll first pick up egcs and see if I still recognise the code :-).
    Then I'll briefly see if I can fix it myself using the old patch(es) I
    still have lying around. If that would take too much time, I'll
    try and braindump onto the current egcs maintainers whatever
    information and code-snippets I still have.

    Simply posting the patches I had back then without me checking into
    things first might not be so productive.
    --
    Sincerely, srb@cuci.nl
    Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

    This signature third word omitted, yet is comprehensible.