SubjectRe: 2.1.117 and setfont
> Hi, I just have a simple (maybe) question about setfont and using 2.1.117. I
> have this motd that contains extended ascii characters and I always used
> setfont default8x16 on the console to show it correctly (correctly is that
> it showed double solid lines) but now with this newer kernel it doesn't seem
> to work, it just shows up as IIIIIIII instead of the solid lines. The
> program setfont works fine but it doesnt show it as it did before, anything
> I might have missed? I looked through linux/Documentation for any hints but
> found none. Thanks for your time.

(1) In case you are using VGA frame buffer instead of VGA console, it
cannot work since loadable fonts did never work in vgafb, the vgafb
code is obsolete and will be removed soon.

(2) In case you are using vgacon, please wait for the next console patch
(to appear within few days), it will contain several fixes to the
font code.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/