SubjectRe: try_to_unuse: entry xxx not in use
Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> We do care. Bill Hawes has had a patch out for this for ages, and at
> least one part of the problem should now be fixed in 2.1.113. Can you
> still reproduce the problem on later 2.1 kernels?
>
> Bill, do you no longer believe that we need a possible retry mechanism
> in swapoff if we find the map count wrong the first time through?

No, I don't think retrying should be necessary -- I'd rather find the mechanism
by which the swap page appears to be in use, but then can't be found in any
process map.

I've simplified my swap patch considerably and will repost it shortly. The main
problem it addresses is the possible race with a swap entry becoming unused
when we're trying to read it in, but this shouldn't be related to the
try_to_unuse messages.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.132 / U:0.108 seconds]