    SubjectRe: NFS file locking broken (take 2)
    Date
    > > to server.  This is incredibly rare, and I've found no good way to
    > > reproduce it. Since it is never accompanied by error messages, I usually
    > > find out later when, e.g. attempts at unpacking a downloaded tarball fail
    > > with "tar archive truncated.." messages.

    You can reproduce it to order by filling the disk for one, and because
    of an O_APPEND problem in another. The former is simply not handled right
    the latter is a bug, but I dont fully understand it

    > > n.b. Alan: The Ooops's didn't appear until 2.1.117, AFAIK. They have not
    > > been a longstanding issue.

    The oopses are a bug I added in 2.1.117

    > > - When building the kernel on an NFS mounted directory, a 'make mrproper'
    > > will sometimes fail with numerous complaints about "files in use" when
    > > trying to remove the linux/include/config hierarchy. Usually, the second
    > > attempt succeeds.
    >
    > How easy to reproduce it?

    That sounds like the rename problem in the NFS client (try running sendmail
    on a diskless 2.1.x box) - it'll fail with rename problems.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.018 / U:88.740 seconds]