SubjectRe: NAT 4 Linux (project)
Date
> round robin DNS spreads the load but not evenly (of course neither does
> this simple version) but the idea of being able to direct traffic to a
> particular server based on the URL has all sorts of possibilities.

Its also old hat. The front server just needs to run apache and the mod
rewrite stuff to generate a page back which is a redirect to the real
site for those pages.

(BTW 2.0.36pre has the 2.1.x ip port forwarding facilities including vportfw
anyone who has been reading my diary page on that one IP address has been
reading from 4 machines over the past couple of days all load balanced 8))

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.045 / U:0.284 seconds]