SubjectRE: [A Tad Offtopic]More X IDEs
> On 21-Aug-98 chris@chris.symsystems.com wrote:
>
> I guess what I'd like is to be able to write code with syntax highlighting, be
> able to compile, if there is an error then double-click on that error and be
> taken back to the source line where that error occured and fix it and so on.
> Then when debugging have EASY watches, show linked lists etc (which DDD seems
> to nicely do). Is there any one package (for free :-) ) that does this all or
> do I have to find the best of the best and use them all seperatly?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Hi,
I do use Nedit, which you can find on freshmeat I guess, Nedit does syntax
highlighting in many languages ( C, perl, bash ( ;-) ... ) ).
Nedit is X11 Motif based ( you can get binaries ), it is very fast, it makes
columnar blocks ( remember Cygnus Editor on the Amiga ? )

I just love it, give it a try.

---
E-Mail: jmerliot@easynet.fr

Linux and Blue Oyster Cult Fan

Deadly Opponent To microsoft
Misconception Of Computing Art...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.957 / U:0.020 seconds]