    SubjectRe: FYI Gates Conspiracy
    On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Kaiser, Kurt wrote:

    > Dick, from the latest embedded muse:
    >

    > Recently one of my friends, a computer wizard, paid me a visit. As we
    > were
    > talking I mentioned that I had recently installed Windows 98 on my PC, I
    > told him how happy I was with this operating system and showed him the
    > Windows 98 CD. Too my surprise he threw it into my micro-wave oven and
    > turned on the oven. Instantly I got very upset, because the CD had
    > become
    > precious to me, but he said: 'Do not worry, it is unharmed.' After a few
    > minutes he took the CD out, gave it to me and said: 'Take a close look
    > at
    > it.' To my surprise the CD was quite cold to hold and it seemed to be
    > heavier than before. At first I could not see anything, but on the inner
    > edge of the central hole I saw a inscription, an inscription finer than
    > anything I have ever seen before. The inscription shone piercingly
    > bright,
    > and yet remote, as if out of a great depth:
    >
    > 4C696E75792052756C65730A0D4241434B20544F20574F524B204469636B0A0D
    >
    > 'I cannot understand the fiery letters,' I said. 'No but I can,' he
    > said.
    > 'The letters are Hex, of an ancient mode, but the language is that of
    > Microsoft, which I shall not utter here. But in common English this is
    > what
    > it says:
    >
    > One OS to rule them all,
    > One OS to find them,
    > One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

    Yes, I'll send it to the linux-kernel group <grin>....

    Cheers,
    DJ
    Richard B. Johnson
    Project Engineer
    Analogic Corporation
    Penguin : Linux version 2.1.108 on an i586 machine (166.36 BogoMips).
    Warning : It's hard to stay on the trailing edge of technology.
    MS-DOS : Program Loader
    Unix : Angry Operating System
    VAX/VMS : Obsolete Operating System
    Linux : Engineering tool
    Windows : Typewriter

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.020 / U:32.760 seconds]