    SubjectRe: 128MB RAM on Linux
    On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Tethys wrote:

    > >> When I upgrade my computer P 150 from 32MB to 128MB of RAM, my linux box
    > >> only recognized 64MB of RAM. Currently I am using Linux Slackware 3.5 with
    > >> kernel version 2.0.34. I already recompile my kernel, but it still
    > >> recognize only 64MB.
    > >> Is there any program I can use to make my Linux box recognize my 128MB ram?
    > >
    > >Read the LILO HOWTO, or the linux-kernel FAQ.
    >
    > Bizarrely, despite being probably the most FAQ in the Linux world,
    > it isn't in the FAQ. It's not in the LILO mini-HOWTO either, BTW.
    > The only place I've found it mentioned (other than on mailing lists)
    > is in the BootPrompt-HOWTO -- not the most intuitive place to look!
    >
    > This *really* needs to make its way into the Linux FAQ.

    When in doubt, remember - grep is your friend...

    cd /usr/doc/HOWTO
    grep "searchstring" * | less

    A little playing with the search string is needed sometimes, but
    it works well usually.

    --
    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
    PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.022 / U:29.848 seconds]