SubjectRe: Solid v2.1.115 kernel lockup

Thats alright, it's still better then my situation:

SMP + Buslogic 956c + Kernels>2.1.101 + Any SB16 (or awe 32) = Hard lock

I can't find the problem, and I've tried backing out patches but there
were some real extensive changes to the sound system so I can't just do a
single patch at a time..

Part of the problem is the buslogic.. If I hook up an IDE and run form it
or boot single user and cp a player and a file to a ramdisk and play it
the computer doesn't lock until I cause a disk access..

I'm fairly sure it's a deadlock bettwen the two drivers but I can't see
it.. The sb drivers are a mess of cli's..

Why doesn't Linus have this problem? Does he not have a sound blaster 16+
or does this only affect certian buslogic cards or only 586 smp systems?

-
Gregory Maxwell