SubjectRe: "ifconfig inet 0" vs. DHCP

breu@cfu.net said:
> So, does the ISC dhcp work with the existing 2.1.x kernels? I
> need to get our dhcp service off of the FreeBSD machines and over to
> Linux, but if it isnt going to work, then I don't want to bother with it.
> Basicly, it has to run on the FreeBSD machine because it has to
> support multiple NIC DHCP (3 NIC's to be exact).

I've had dhcpd running on 2.1.x kernels with multiple NICs. I can't remember
which version it was - all I payed attention to was the SO_BINDTODEVICE code
in the kernel, and I let someone else muck about with the dhcpd itself.

Robert, what dhcpd were we using last summer, and do you remember how much
evil hackery was required to get it to play nicely with multiple interfaces?
ISTR not much, and most of our hacks were DHCP-over-ARCnet related.

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse@mvhi.com Office: (+44) 1223 812896
Project Leader, Process Information Systems Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
finger dwmw2@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.026 / U:0.056 seconds]