    SubjectRe: Winmodem support
    On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Woody wrote:

    > Hey guys...long time since I've been on the kernel list...need to get back
    > on and check out some of the updates, but for now, linuxhq is providing me
    > my RDA of development is the there plans for
    > Winmodem support in the future? Also, why can't winmodems work with linux
    > relative to the architecture level of the modem?
    > I recently bought a nice Lucent Technologies Winmodem that supports KFlex
    > and the new v.90 standard....I didn't know it was winmodem until I bought
    > it...doesn't really matter, I have another modem for my linux box...

    I just wanted to put in 1.44^2 cents here... I hope that there isn't
    anyone working on a Winmodem driver. I feel that there are better things
    to waste time on - like coming up with a standard for sound card
    programming. Winmodems in general (IMHO) are a brain dead design. I have
    yet to see a piece of software do as good or better job than hardware.
    This also applies to Winprinters and anything else Win.

    ; ; Chris Zwilling
    ; Don't let people drive you crazy ;
    ; when you know it's in walking distance ; System Administrator
    ; ; 320.240.8243

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.046 / U:129.268 seconds]