SubjectRe: CHALLENGE!!! =)
On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Rob Hagopian wrote:

<FLAME_BAIT>
> Yeah, and Macs have been doing it since '86 or so. It's not a new idea...
</FLAME_BAIT>

One thing that's particularly nice about Mac multi-monitor support is how
freakin' easy it is to set up. I've been using an external monitor on my
PowerBook 520 (doesn't support linux... :(...) for several years, and the
interface for the Monitors control panel still blows me away. I'm curious
how difficult it is to implement something similiar in Linux.

> On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Alex Buell wrote:
> >
> > If Sparcs can do this with their framebuffer devices, why can't we?! One
> > of the most interesting things about the Sparcs is the *cool* ability to
> > have as much as 8 displays hanging off the box.
>

> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

/*
Paul Duncan p_duncan@efn.org Indifference will be the downfall
http://www.efn.org/~p_duncan of humanity, but who cares? - fortune
"in short, all known bugs should be "I'm to blame; I wonder just who
fixed, but hey, what else is new?" made the rules up for this game."
- Linus Torvalds - nine inch nails
*/