    SubjectRe: CHALLENGE!!! =)
    On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Rob Hagopian wrote:

    <FLAME_BAIT>
    > Yeah, and Macs have been doing it since '86 or so. It's not a new idea...
    </FLAME_BAIT>

    One thing that's particularly nice about Mac multi-monitor support is how
    freakin' easy it is to set up. I've been using an external monitor on my
    PowerBook 520 (doesn't support linux... :(...) for several years, and the
    interface for the Monitors control panel still blows me away. I'm curious
    how difficult it is to implement something similiar in Linux.

    > On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Alex Buell wrote:
    > >
    > > If Sparcs can do this with their framebuffer devices, why can't we?! One
    > > of the most interesting things about the Sparcs is the *cool* ability to
    > > have as much as 8 displays hanging off the box.
    >

    > -
    > Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

    /*
    Paul Duncan p_duncan@efn.org Indifference will be the downfall
    http://www.efn.org/~p_duncan of humanity, but who cares? - fortune

    "in short, all known bugs should be "I'm to blame; I wonder just who
    fixed, but hey, what else is new?" made the rules up for this game."
    - Linus Torvalds - nine inch nails
    */

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.029 / U:60.784 seconds]