    Subjecttry_to_unuse: entry xxx not in use
    printk("try_to_unuse: entry %08lx "
    "not in use\n", entry);

    I believe I had the above section of code from swapfile.c (lines 338 and
    339) show up on shutting down 2.1.115 the other day. I have never had
    it show up before. I am pretty sure that was it. It was after syslog
    had shut down (RedHat standard init pretty much) and I believe after
    disks were unmounted. The error looked very much like that if not that
    (didn't right it down, was in a hurry).

    I am not sure if this will all help but anyway here goes circumstances.
    My machine had been up for most of the day. Usage was very high
    (loadavg of about 7 to 10), memory was tight as well. Easily 40 meg
    into swap some of the time with 72 meg of real RAM. Standard RedHat 5.1
    with most updates and a few custom changes to inittab and other system
    configs to make it more stable, secure, and work with multiple 2.1.x
    kernels easily.

    If I see the message again I will make sure to give a better report.

    Anyway, 2.1.115 seems awesome most of the time on this Pentium 133 (with
    the above config), but sometimes it seems to get rather slow... rather
    meaning, I notice a slow down from 2.1.106 and it irritates me. I am
    not sure most would notice it, but they may. I will try to figure out
    exactly how and where it is slower and post what I find. It may not
    help much since I am no kernel guru, especially with the code freeze and

    Trever Adams

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.034 / U:10.752 seconds]