    SubjectRe: CHALLENGE!!! =)
    On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Tygrys wrote:

    > > This is a challenge for me ... and those who don't know how to
    > > do it. =) How can I plug in a second SCREEN on a second VIDEO CARD in linux?
    > >
    > > I mean : I have a 15" SVGA Screen which I use in X-windows, and I would like
    > > to plugin a 14" VGA Screen on a second video card....
    > >
    > > Do you know that?
    > Not possible. The ,,excelent'' pc architecture allows only one (S)VGA
    > graphic card. However, you can plug in a VGA and a hercules :-)

    You can plug in two cards that support it. Matrox Millenium,
    Mystique support it, as do most S3 cards I believe. I think even
    a lowly Cirrus Logic supports it.

    The second and further cards do not act as VGA cards, but rather
    remap all I/O and video mem.

    It used to be so that 2 VGA cards wouldn't work in a system
    together, but most common video cards work in a system now
    together I believe, just not as VGA's.

    I'm no authority, but I know it can be done.

    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
    PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:13.152 seconds]