    SubjectRe: Problem with portmap/RPC
    Date

    > I see those as well, but am not noticing any problems of any kind,
    > so I just ignore them...
    >
    > They started with the 2.1 kernels...
    >

    > Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
    > hyatt@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham
    > (205) 934-2213 115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
    > (205) 934-5473 FAX Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
    >
    > On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, root of all evil (Rem) wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, everybody!
    > >
    > > This may not be the best place to find help on this subject. If this is
    > > the case, please point me in the right direction.
    > >
    > > Anyway, the last successful 2.1 kernel I built for SMP was 2.1.60. I
    > > have a dual PPro (Tyan 1668 motherboard) machine, but I don't
    > > thnk this is hardware related. It smells like I have an old version
    > > of something that I need to update. I'm using 2.0.33 successfully
    > > right now for SMP, but when I try any of the 2.1.1xx or 2.0.34
    > > kernels, here is what I'm seeing during boot:
    > >
    > > nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
    > > portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    > > RPC: task of released request still queued!
    > > RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    > > portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    > > RPC: task of released request still queued!
    > > RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    > > lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
    > > portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    > > RPC: task of released request still queued!
    > > RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    > > nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
    > > lockd_up: no pid, 2 users??
    > > portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    > > RPC: task of released request still queued!
    > > RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    > > portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    > > RPC: task of released request still queued!
    > > RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    > > lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
    > > portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    > > RPC: task of released request still queued!
    > > RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    > > lockd_down: nothing to do!

    1. You need the kernel based nfsd.
    2. You need to start kernel based nfsd before mounting nfs.

    I guess only lockd is really needed to run before mounting nfs. Since
    it is started together with nfsd at the same nfs rc script, I just
    moved the nfs rc script before the nfsfs rc script. You may be able
    to comment out the kernel based nfsd if you don't need it.

    H.J.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.023 / U:59.572 seconds]