    SubjectProblem with portmap/RPC
    Hello, everybody!

    This may not be the best place to find help on this subject. If this is
    the case, please point me in the right direction.

    Anyway, the last successful 2.1 kernel I built for SMP was 2.1.60. I
    have a dual PPro (Tyan 1668 motherboard) machine, but I don't
    thnk this is hardware related. It smells like I have an old version
    of something that I need to update. I'm using 2.0.33 successfully
    right now for SMP, but when I try any of the 2.1.1xx or 2.0.34
    kernels, here is what I'm seeing during boot:

    nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
    portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    RPC: task of released request still queued!
    RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    RPC: task of released request still queued!
    RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
    portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    RPC: task of released request still queued!
    RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
    lockd_up: no pid, 2 users??
    portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    RPC: task of released request still queued!
    RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    RPC: task of released request still queued!
    RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
    portmap: RPC call returned error 111
    RPC: task of released request still queued!
    RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
    lockd_down: nothing to do!

    Also, gpm fails to run because of an invalid argument to a socket call.

    Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

    Much thanks in advance!

    Sincerely,

    Rem Onyshczak

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.036 / U:59.804 seconds]