<Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>, Martin Mares <mj@ucw.cz>
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Mails without 'To' or 'Cc'
From: Zlatko Calusic <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>
Date: 11 Aug 1998 23:50:55 +0200

Rik van Riel <H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl> writes:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Patrick Mau wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to know why I'm getting lots of mails from linux-kernel
> > without 'linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu' in 'To' or 'Cc' (or other)
> > headers. These mails are not properly handled by my procmail rules,
> > because I try to filter spam.
>
> I get those mails in my INBOX too...
>
> To the people who sent them: I won't respond to them, I
> won't even read them! If you want an answer from me, you'd
> better make sure the header is OK :-)
>
> Rik.

Hm, I'm using some other header to split mail, so I get all those mail
in the appropriate folder (I'm splitting mail in XEmacs, using LISP
rules).

Still, there are some mails that finish in my "services" folder, coming
from... hm... people posting from "root" account.

Hey, you guys, if you won't me to read your mails, stop putting them
among all those postmaster, lp, abuse and root messages coming from
multiple host I'm administering. :)
You know who you are. Or not. :)

--------------
ObLinuxKernel:
--------------

Suppose somebody writes support for S3Trio (and other cards that are
VESA 1.2 compliant), so they became VESA 2.0 compliant. Something like
UNIVBE and S3VBE20 for MS-DOG. It would probably go in video.S.

Would something like that find a way to official kernel?
Is it even possible to write something like that?

It is bad luck that if you want a drunk penguin on your screen, you
can have it, but as long as you have MS-DOG installed on that machine.

What if I want to keep this machine M$ free? Are there other solutions?

Sorry for that offtopic trash above, you great FB programmers.

And thanks for your opinions.
--
Posted by Zlatko Calusic E-mail: <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>