SubjectRe: 128MB Swap-Space Limit
Alan Cox wrote:

> Stephen Tweedie did, and also fixed the horrible horrible vm bug in the
> current 2.1.x where any user can create 128 mappings of a page and it
> leaks.

Hi Alan,

Please note that the current swap count tracking does not leak the page when the
count overflows. The count is reclaimed when the swap is turned off for that file,
and the clever sysadmin has several swap files so that he can easily reclaim at
any time.

It was a horrible vm bug before I added the code to keep the counts from wrapping
around completely; now it's merely an unsightly wart that might show up from time
to time.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.091 / U:0.360 seconds]