    SubjectMounting with option "nodiratime" and "noatime"
    I have just finished upgrading to mount-2.8-4 and am using the
    mount options "noatime" and "nodiratime" on the following
    partitions:

    /dev/hda5 / ext2 defaults 1 1
    /dev/hda7 /home ext2 noatime,nodiratime 1 2
    /dev/hda2 /stuff ext2 noatime,nodiratime 1 2
    /dev/hda9 /usr ext2 noatime,nodiratime 1 2
    /dev/hda8 /usr/local ext2 noatime,nodiratime 1 2

    What possible things could break with this configuration? What
    actually USES the ATIME date stamp on files and directories? I
    don't use any backup software or anything like that. I'm just
    curious as to wether I can expect weird behaviour from any
    programs now or not?

    Is it safe to do noatime and nodiratime on "/" as well?

    Assuming nothing major breaks, are there any other wierdnesses I
    should be aware of?

    --
    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
    PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.022 / U:0.608 seconds]