    Subject2.1.115 scsi funnies
    Howdy people, I have noticed some scsi peculiarities;
    my ncr53c810 claims that it does not support synchronous
    transfers, but AFAIK it does.

    From /proc/scsi/ncr53c8xx/0:

    Chip NCR53C810a, device id 0x1, revision id 0x12
    IO port address 0xe000, IRQ number 11
    Using memory mapped IO at virtual address 0xc4800000
    Synchronous period factor 25, max commands per lun 32

    From log:

    ncr53c810a-0-<4,*>: SYNC transfers not supported.

    Aren't these controversial? Inside /proc I can see a
    sync period factor of 25, which should produce 10Mhz
    as sync frequency, which seems quite appropriate. Then
    again at driver init (at boot) the kernel claims that
    SYNC transfers are not supported.

    Then another thing; I tried ide-scsi for my ATAPI cdrom
    and when 'probe all luns on scsi devices' was enabled,
    the cdrom got detected 8 times, on every possible lun.
    Now, it's easy to get around this by disabling the probe
    option, but what if I had a CD jukebox _and_ I wanted to
    use ide-scsi? It is probably harmless that the drive gets
    detected 8 times, but it is just annoying if it can be
    avoided. Boot parameters, anyone?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:3.848 seconds]