SubjectRe: Request for stats: devfs and kmod errors
On Fri, Jul 31, 1998 at 03:28:25PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Its not devfs. request_module() forgets to block signals.

No, request module _used_ to block all signals. I removed it
cause that was causing bizzare failures at least on Alpha.

I never really figured out what the precice problem was, cause
after I stopped blocking signals so that I could strace modprobe,
the problem went away. My only guess was that it had to do with
sigchld, as that is the only thing that should have been involved.

Anyway, an exit code of -512 indicates _exit(-2), not a signal.
And that _shouldn't_ have come from modutils, wherein the only
exit values used are 0 and 1.

Examining things, I see in exec_modprobe a `return -errno' which
would seem to indicate ENOENT, which means modprobe did not exist
at the location indicated by /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe.

r~

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.053 / U:0.140 seconds]