SubjectRe: Yet more VM writable swap-cached pages
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 20:07:10 +0100 (BST), Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh.sittampalam@ox.compsoc.net> said:

>> OK, the next thing that would be interesting to know is which tasks are
>> mapping the page. Could you add tsk->comm (with a %s format) to the
>> debugging information?

> OK, it's compiling now. Is there anything I can do soon after seeing them
> to get more info?

Not really --- the condition is likely to persist as long as the process
concerned is still around, so just capture the flags and mail them to
me, I'd be grateful.

>> Any idea on what triggers the messages?

> Heavy load seems to make sense, it's happening a lot at the moment while
> I do a make -j 5 on my kernel and it also happened once when I was working
> it hard with Netscape. Not very helpful I suspect.

Well, it does somewhat confirm that it's not necessarily wine-related,
which looked a possibility at one point. Thanks.

--Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.062 / U:0.328 seconds]