SubjectRe: knfs on Alpha: "Invalid client credential"

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Felix von Leitner wrote:

> I'm trying to use knfsd on Linux/Alpha. I'm using a recent glibc
> snapshot, so the knfsd didn't even want to compile. I downloaded the
> Debian version, but it still wouldn't compile. So I downloaded the
> Debian binaries and started them, but now showmount always complains:
>
> rpc mount export: RPC: Authentication error; why = Invalid client credential
>
> What does that mean? How can I fix it? Where is the official location
> for knfsd? Where should I send patches if I get it to work?
>
> Whose fault is this, anyway? ;)
>
> I asked Altavista and archives of this and other mailing lists and found
> a hint about "too many groups for a given UID" on Solaris. That is
> clearly not the case on my system. Anyone got knfsd up and running on a
> Linux/AXP box?

Yes. Here's a patch which I've posted numerous times. I'm not sure what
is going on with the userland knfs tools. Olaf Kirch was the maintainer,
but he has been out of sight lately.

Steve

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.033 / U:0.444 seconds]