    SubjectRe: [offtopic] dual vga?

    On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

    > On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Nathan Hand wrote:
    > > Accelerated X supports multi-head support with *some* video cards, for
    > > the list see GGI supports multi-head via KGI, but you
    > > may want to wait until GGI enters ALPHA before playing with it :-)
    > <righteous indignation>
    > Please do not make disparaging comments about GGI stuff if you
    > have not even looked at it, since from your comment it is quite obvious
    > that you have not. "GGI" (EvStack, KGI and LibGGI) has been alpha for
    > quite some time now and is actually going beta for 1.0 within months.
    > </righteous indignation>

    Uh, dude, I'm running GGI on my machine right now, and I download the
    latest revision each week, and I've even participated in the creation
    of some patches.

    I'm just repeating the warning currently present on ggi-project which
    says "don't claim GGI is ready for prime-time, it isn't even in alpha
    yet". It's not my party-line: it's official policy.

    I gather you're pretty enthusiastic about GGI, but I wasn't trying to
    make any "disparaging comments" about the system. Step back a bit and
    you'll probably see this for yourself.

    > To return to to topic at hand, yes KGI does support multiheading.

    I know, that's why I said so.

    > Let me update this list on exactly what KGI can do and where it is
    > [84 lines of updates snipped]

    A URL would have been more succint.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.049 / U:1.120 seconds]