SubjectRe: Linux IEEE-488 (GPIB) cards?
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Michael Krause wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> > Back for the serial variant of IEEE-488 - since I'm hacking Linux I'm
> > tempted to brew some interface to allow usage of a 1541 disk drive with
> > an ordinary parallel port or similar. Of course also driver software
> > is required. Something like that has already been published in the
> > German ``Amiga Magazin'', issue 5/1988, if memory serves right. Is
> > something like that already available?
> >
> > (If people are wondering why I would want something like that - the old
> > floppies are dying, they want to be backuped onto something more reliable
> > than floppies.)
>
> http://ms.demo.org/rst/cwfloppy.html
>
> contains a link to the Catweasel home page, a floppy controller which
> can read (theoretically) all disks. The Linux driver only supports
> Amiga and IBM disks as of yet, but will be expanded soon.

Binary only, as the page mentions.

What a pity you're not allowed to release the sources. People keep on bugging
me for Linux/m68k support for the Amiga version since I wrote the Linux/m68k
support for the IDE ports on the Catweasel (no, I don't have a Catweasel).

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be