    SubjectShared Objects
    Hi all,
    I am writing a program that uses some shared objects that I have
    written. One shared object I have depends on another shared object
    which should work fine. On the link line to create this .so I give ld
    -shared, -rpath and -rpath-link. So in debugging the program I found
    that the dlopen of this .so fails so I step into the dlopen code and bug
    until I found the problem. This will be easier if I give an example, so
    here goes:
    test.so is made.
    gtest.so is made and is linked with test.so, so if I do a ldd on
    gtest.so I see that test.so is a dependancy but ldd says it can not find
    it.
    steping through the dlopen call for gtest.so when opening all
    the
    dependancies I see that the file it is trying to open in
    /usr/lib/test.so which is not where it is. It never looks in the dirs
    that I specified with the -rpath and the -rpath-link options to the
    linker.

    I am using version 1.9.2 of ld-linux.so and libdl.so and version
    cygnus-2.6 (with BFD 2.6.0.14) of ld.

    Any help on this would be great.
    Thanks in advance

    Glenn
    --

    Glenn MacGregor

    Applications Engineer
    Oracom, Inc.
    http://www.oracom.com

    Tel. +1 978.557.5710
    Fax +1 978.557.5716

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.019 / U:30.156 seconds]