    SubjectShared Objects
    Hi all,
    I am writing a program that uses some shared objects that I have
    written. One shared object I have depends on another shared object
    which should work fine. On the link line to create this .so I give ld
    -shared, -rpath and -rpath-link. So in debugging the program I found
    that the dlopen of this .so fails so I step into the dlopen code and bug
    until I found the problem. This will be easier if I give an example, so
    here goes: is made. is made and is linked with, so if I do a ldd on I see that is a dependancy but ldd says it can not find
    steping through the dlopen call for when opening all
    dependancies I see that the file it is trying to open in
    /usr/lib/ which is not where it is. It never looks in the dirs
    that I specified with the -rpath and the -rpath-link options to the

    I am using version 1.9.2 of and and version
    cygnus-2.6 (with BFD of ld.

    Any help on this would be great.
    Thanks in advance

    Glenn MacGregor

    Applications Engineer
    Oracom, Inc.

    Tel. +1 978.557.5710
    Fax +1 978.557.5716

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.041 / U:42.860 seconds]