    SubjectRe: Is the boot logo politically correct?

    Scott McDermott writes:
    > david on Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 10:05:05AM -0700:

    >> We can't conquer the IS world of white collar executives without looking
    >> proper. m$ for all it's despicable code has appeal because of eye candy.
    >> It is the image. Bring the right image and we'll put the power of Linux
    >> in the corporate world. Without it Linux is relegated to the fringes.
    > Oh great, so we'll just compromise our principles and beg for market
    > share. Give me a break, what a crock of shit. Who cares how many
    > heads, or saturation. Why does this matter so much to people? *We* do

    I suppose you are content running Linux at home. Some of us would
    like to run it at work too, rather than be stuck with Windows 98.
    If that means a few harmless changes to please idiots, no problem.

    I'm not going to choose an OS by the boot logo, but that doesn't mean
    I actually _like_ a beer-drinking logo! (non-relegious reasons)

    Question to girlfriend:
    "Do you think the Linux boot should show a penguin with a beer mug?"
    Answer from girlfriend:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.017 / U:2.040 seconds]